Enrolling for Foreign Language Courses
Penobscot School is a nonprofit, 501 (c) 3. We offer language courses with native speakers. When registering for a course, please contact [email protected] or (207) 594-1084 (toll-free at 1.855.344.0414) with questions.
Please also note the following effective January 1, 2015:
- Early enrollments are appreciated in order to ensure that courses will run.
- In the event that a class enrolls fewer than five students, a tutorial may be run instead if students and instructor agree to this.
Should this occur, prices are by the hour as follows:
Private: $40/hour or $350 for ten hours if paid for before the first session
Semi-private (2-4 students): $40/hour or $250 for ten hours if paid for before the first session
- Courses may be purchased by the class at the following rates: 1 hour, $18; 1.5 hours, $27.00; 2 hour, $36. Please enquire for classes of more than 2 hours.
- Full payment is expected prior to the first session unless other arrangements have been made prior to the first class.
- CEUs must be requested prior to the first class and require a $20 additional fee.
- Some courses include a discount if registered and paid for in full two weeks prior to the first class. These courses are noted as such.
- Payment may be made with cash, all major credit cards (accepted online or by calling us at 594-1084) and checks delivered in person or sent to 28 Gay Street, Rockland, Maine 04841.
- Course cancellations are accepted without penalty until one week prior to the start of the course. Cancellations after that date will be refunded the full amount minus a $25 processing fee.
- We are pleased to pro-rate courses if you will be missing three or more classes in a class that is 12 weeks or more. Please indicate this at the time of registration. We will not pro-rate after you have registered and/or after the course has begun. We do not pro-rate for classes of fewer than 12 weeks. All pro-rated classes must be approved by the instructor.
Thank you for your interest in our courses. We look forward to serving you.